Packaging & Shipping
Speed up Your Packaging & Shipping Process
concert with proper accessories to
provide users with optimal ergonomic reach access.
of items within the reach zones.
raises or lowers height at the push
of a button.
workstation on uneven surfaces.
for organization and storage.
access to ports, drives, and cables.
Surface highly durable with
impact resistant edges.
sorted and within reach.
provides optimum flexibility to
move monitor into position.
multiple sizes of corrugate
power within reach for easy end
of day shutdown of tools and lights.
Shipping Workstations & Benches for Fulfillment Operations
Packaging, shipping, receiving, and return activities can be performed faster and safer utilizing a properly designed shipping station.
Reaching, bending and twisting associated with fulfillment tasks can be reduced by creating a packing station that fits the needs of the specific operator and the task at hand. The following are some things to consider when selecting the right components for your shipping station. For more tips, go to Plan Your Workstation.
Key benefits :
- Improve efficiency with quick and easy access to products and supplies
- Reduce repetitive stress injuries by fitting the workstation to the worker
- Cut workers’ compensation cost
- Enhance employee satisfaction and morale
- Adapt to varying needs in an order fulfillment workflow with modular workstation design
- Experience virtually maintenance-free operation
4 Simple Steps to Build Your Shipping Workstation
- STEP1 - Select Workstation Base Frame
- STEP 2 - Select Feet or Caster Type
- STEP 3 - Select Work Surface Type
- STEP 4 - Select Accessories
Select Workstation Base Frame
Some important considerations for choosing the right workstation frame for a fulfillment application:
- The size of the frame is dependent on the size of the work surface. Decide how much surface is necessary to perform the fulfillment tasks – and how much space is available in the work area where the station will be placed. Assign each item to the appropriate ergonomic zone based on where and how it is going to be used. The space should be large enough to perform the fulfillment tasks but compact to limit reaching and stretching.
- Determine the maximum capacity required, including shelving, equipment, products – and whether the weight is distributed evenly. Excessive weight in one area of a workstation could require a higher capacity frame.
- Ask these two questions when you are choosing between manual and electric adjustable height workbenches. Will there be multiple users of the workstation? Will the operator transition between sitting and standing? A good rule-of-thumb: electric adjustability is suggested if the height needs to be adjusted more than four times per year.
Select Feet or Caster Type
Some important considerations for choosing the feet or casters for Shipping and Packaging Workstations:
- Determine how often the workstation will be moved within the work area. Leveler feet are used for mostly stationary units. Casters are recommended for stations that will be occasionally or frequently moved or repositioned. For safety BOSTONtec offers workstations with at least two locking casters; all four locking casters are available for additional security.
- Evaluate the distribution of the load on the station and any force that could affect the stability of the unit. Lag plates could be attached to standard leveler feet allowing the workstation to be bolted to the floor.
Select Work Surface Type
Some important considerations for choosing the correct work surface for an assembly application:
- Decide how much surface is necessary to perform the fulfillment tasks – and how much space is available in the work area. Apply the ergonomic reach zones to each item or function. The space should be large enough to perform the fulfillment tasks but compact to limit reaching and stretching.
- Consider whether the user will perform most functions from a sitting or standing position. A rolled front edge is more ergonomic for operators who rest their forearms on the front edge of the work surface when performing a task.
- Know the substances that will come in contact with the work surface. Laminate work surfaces are durable and economical for most fulfillment applications. Stainless steel and phenolic resin surfaces are chemical resistant.
Once the basic components of the fulfillment workstation are selected, accessories are added to place items based on frequency and sequence of use, safety and other factors to reduce operator stress and increase productivity. (See Plan Your Workstation for more information)
- Review the ergonomic reach zones and decide what tools and components correspond with which zone. Uprights with shelves, bin rails, and label holders allow the operator to place items where appropriate while keeping the work surface clear for tasks.
- Evaluate the equipment that will be used at the workstation. Large CPU units should be stored out of the way under the work surface. Monitor arms and keyboard trays allow the operator to place equipment at the appropriate height for proper posture and reduced eye strain.
- Consider whether tools requiring power such as electric staplers will be used. Placing a power strip close to the work surface makes access to tools and computer equipment simple and easy. This avoids bending or stretching to reach outlets.
See It Before You Buy It!
Custom Industrial Workbenches
When is it right for you?
Modular workstations are all-rounders and will adjust to several different workflows. So when should you consider custom solutions?
A custom workstation can be as simple as a small shelf or as elaborate as a multi-station configuration. As you’re planning your ideal workstation, our modular system is a great place to start. Fine-tune your station to ensure higher productivity and employee retention.
BUILDING BETTER WORKPLACES FOR 28+ YEARS
From Our Blog
Warehouse operations have become powerful globally as more businesses shift to online sales and delivery models. Previously, warehousing was left mainly for inventory purposes. It did not directly affect product or service delivery since most customers shopped...
BOSTONtec to introduce high-performance electronic workplace system at North American battery trade show in September MIDLAND, Mich., July 26, 2022 -- With the EV market sector booming, BOSTONtec will showcase specific solutions that streamline electric auto...
The future of Electric Vehicle (EV) manufacturing is looking up as big automotive companies throw in their weight to try and match up with Tesla. To be ahead of the pack and tap into the emerging EV market, manufacturers must be digitally advanced and quick to embrace...